Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Genealogy - Your genealogy stop for * family history information, * assistance with genealogy research and resources, * or just the

Forums     Login   Signup

Genealogy

Manager: andrea
GenRing is the largest plus one of the oldest and most visited amateur genealogy WebRings in the system. Any amateur genealogy website is encouraged to participate!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Come Sunday Morning - 08/25/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LUHmTl7f4Cg/UhoWkrISz-I/AAAAAAAAOaY/2xC4hjqMyuE/s640/Samuel_Perkins_Timeline.jpg

It seems I am always a bit late on Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun   challenges! Nonetheless, I look forward to them each and every week! So keep 'em coming Randy! This week brought a whole new challenge, and something I had not practiced in a long, long time. Making a timeline. Here's the challenge from Randy: 1) Have you created a Timeline for one of your ancestors using a genealogy software program (e.g., Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic, Legacy, Reunion, etc.) or an online family Tree (e.g., Ancestry Member Tree, FamilySearch Family Tree, Geni, MyHeritage, etc.), or in a spreadsheet (e.g., Excel)? 2)  If not, try to create a timeline using the program/website of your choice.  If so, create another one for the ancestor of your choice! 3)  Show us your Timeline creation, and tell us how you did it.  Which program/website, the process you used, and how you captured the images to display your timeline. 4)  Share your Timeline creation on your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or on Facebook or Google+. Thanks Randy! I had to put on my thinking cap on this one! I use the FTM 2010 version. Unfortunately, I haven't practiced making a timeline in my program in a long, long while so I was completely rusty in doing this. I clicked on the Search function and typed in "how to make a timeline" and nothing regarding a timeline appeared. So I remembered the K.I.S.S. pr...

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Come Sunday Morning

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy