Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Genealogy - Your genealogy stop for * family history information, * assistance with genealogy research and resources, * or just the

Forums     Login   Signup

Genealogy

Manager: andrea
GenRing is the largest plus one of the oldest and most visited amateur genealogy WebRings in the system. Any amateur genealogy website is encouraged to participate!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Tombstone Tuesday - Nicholas DuBois - 08/27/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o2D6PP76biI/Uhoqfx0oCmI/AAAAAAAAObM/dhn7WnvVc9Y/s320/Nicholas_DuBois_-_tombstone.jpg

Below is a snapshot of my gr-gr-gr-grandfather's tombstone. NICHOLAS DUBOIS Born in France Nov. 18, 1808 Died Apr. 17, 1893   Nicholas DuBois was born  in France. Just where, I have been unable to ascertain at this point. He arrived in this country on 05 Jun 1832 aboard the Brig Larpool . He left France and boarded the Brig Larpool in Liverpool, landing in New York. From there, he managed to make his way westward to Indiana. Where about 1838/1839 he met and married another French immigrant, Magdelena HOUN. I know the couple had at least 3 children, and most likely more. Nicholas, Magdelena and two of the children are found on the 1880 Census. Nicholas is then in his 70's. Other than his tombstone, and his daughter Anna's death certificate, I have been unable to find records for this couple.

Tombstone Tuesday - Nicholas DuBois

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy